5 Common Skin Problems to Tackle When Fall Season is Here
Fall is considered by many to be a wonderful and magical time of the year. The weather begins to cool, the leaves begin to change, and the air begins to smell of pumpkin and spices (yes pumpkin spice lattes, candles, and cookies!) Unfortunately, it’s also a time of year when skin problems can occur that you wouldn’t see in spring or summer. Don’t worry, there are easy ways to prep your skin for the seasonal transition and how to best treat it for your skin type!
WHAT TO WATCH FOR AS FALL APPROACHES
Any change in weather and temperature can wreak havoc on our skin–if we are unprepared for these changes. The wisest thing we can do to help our skin transition smoothly into the fall season ensures that our skincare routine will also transition, providing our skin with what it needs to combat cooler, drier weather. Following are five skin problems that often happen in the fall, and what you can do about them:
1. Dry skin. Colder temperatures often lead to drier skin, especially if we turn on the heater in our office or home and dry out the air in these places. Fortunately, dry skin can usually be handled quite easily by using thicker moisturizers and hydrating serums. Try to find ones that are specifically formulated for dry skin and that can be applied several times a day!
2. Eczema. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer from even a mild case of eczema, you are probably aware of the fact that cooler fall temperatures can cause your eczema to flare. Some may find that thicker moisturizers help with this, but it’s always important to speak with your dermatologist to find out how best to treat this condition and stick with natural skincare to maintain the severity of the rash and scabs.
3. Seborrheic dermatitis. Commonly known as dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis can appear on the scalp, in your eyebrows and even on your face (on your cheeks, chin, and around your mouth). While specialized shampoos, stress management, and nutritional options can help with seborrheic dermatitis, it is important to consult with a dermatologist to find out what treatment will work best for you. Keeping your skin hydrated is a must, with hydrating oils and moisturizers with hyaluronic acid are a good idea too!
4. Cracked skin on hands. Our hands are constantly exposed to the elements, plus the added stress on them from soap and the common use of sanitizer dries them out even more. Drinking more water than normal and wearing gloves when outside is ideal, as well as keeping a small size of hand cream in your bag or desk drawer. At night, remember to apply a decent amount of a hydrating hand cream while you sleep, or use moisturizing hand gloves to keep your skin nourished during the cold season!
5. Oily Skin. Colder weather can make oily skin types produce more oil since cold dries out the skin, so it can definitely be a double whammy. Acids are oily skins best weapons to control the level of oil production in colder seasons. Salicylic acid, lactic acid, AHAs and BHAs, these are your golden ticket to maintaining a healthy glow and not an unsightly sheen of greasy looking oil. Also, remember to keep moisturizers light during the day (gel or serums are best) and use a setting powder to reduce daily shine!
PROTECT YOUR SKIN WITH A BOTANICA FACIAL
Facials should be a regular part of your skin care routine for many reasons. People need facials for different purposes and Botanica Day Spa offers a multitude of facials to accommodate everyone’s skin needs. Our most popular facial is the Botanica Signature facial, which is customized to your skin and includes dermaplaning or microdermabrasion. Not only that, we infuse a nourishing booster, use microcurrent, apply a custom face mask and end with a décolleté and hand treatment. All of that in just one facial treatment – go ahead and book it now to say bye bye to your skin problems!
Botanica Day Spa proudly uses skin care lines that are free of mineral oil, parabens, alcohol, lanolin, PABA, sodium lauryl sulfate, and artificial colors and dyes. These ingredients are found in too many skincare products, but we disapprove of them and have our favorite skin care used and sold through the spa! They are plant and marine-based skin care products, which we believe natural ingredients benefit facials and everyday use far more than any other type available.
Our facials are many and our estheticians are incredible at taking care of our clients, so they have beautiful, healthy skin that they want to show off! Come into Botanica Day Spa for a facial and see for yourself why they are so important and such a staple in spa services.
We aim to help you improve your body anyway we can when you leave the spa! No one likes to deal with skin problems, but with the right care, they can be minimized or even eliminated with the proper attention and applications in skin care. Good luck and happy fall!
Leave a Reply