Soy Candles vs Other Candles
If you’re like me, you love candles. The aroma of a great candle can change the entire mood in your space, and the dancing light adds a wonderful glow to the room. I don’t care how hectic of a day I had at work, once I light an amazing smelling candle in my house it instantly relaxes me. Until recently, I just thought that a candle was a candle. You light it, it burns, smells nice, and looks pretty – but boy, was I wrong!
Two of the most popularly used candles today are:
1. Soy Candles
2. Paraffin Candles
Soy candles are made from a processed form of soybean oil. Paraffin candles are made from petroleum oil .
5 Reasons You Should Switch to Burning Soy Candles
Here are a few of the differences and benefits of burning soy candles over those made with paraffin wax:
1. Soy candles do not emit black soot like paraffin candles do. This provides a cleaner environment and less stains/black marks on your ceiling and walls.
2. Soy candles burn 50% longer! Although soy candles tend to be slightly more expensive than other candles on the market, you may end up saving money in the long run as your soy candles will burn slower which makes them last much longer.
3. Soy candles also have this incredible ability to not overwhelm or absorb other scents, so while you’re eating a nice home cooked meal, you will still be able to enjoy the aromas of your food AND candle without one overpowering the other. For any foodies out there, this is definitely a good thing, especially when you’re entertaining or having a holiday meal.
4. Soy is largely grown in the US, and buying soy candles tends to support the US economy.
5. Soy candles are easier to clean up. If you spill a soy candle it only takes soap and water to clean it. Spill a regular candle and you have a real mess on your hands.
For those who love to have and use candles around the house, do a little homework before filling your house with potentially toxic or harmful candles. There is some very intriguing information from the Environmental Protection Agency on lead wicks and indoor candles as a source of air pollution. Burning soy candles is a safer and more eco-friendly choice.
Botanica Day Spa
Leave a Reply